Last month my great niece had a birthday, and I made a fun treat holder card for her. So when I saw the challenge this week at Stampin’ Sisters in Christ, to make a card/project for a child, I decided that I would make a similar card for her brother’s birthday.
As with his sister’s card, I made a slider on the inside so that the candy can be accessed without having to tear the card apart.
HERE is a tutorial for the slider.
Today I have a confession to make… I’m terribly forgetful! I would like to blame it on old age, but must admit that the scattered-brainery is not a phenomenon that developed only as the years were added on.
I’ve always been this way.
I have lots of lists to remind me of everything I need/want to do. My boys used to leave me notes in sinks or on walls.. on the stairs.. to remind me of things. It’s embarrassing! What did I do before post-it notes!?!
So with that introduction.. a sweet blogging friend gave me a blog award a couple of months ago which is just being posted here today. Sorry it took so long to thank you for this award, Patrice.
As part of accepting this award, a few things are to be listed about myself. Well I’ve already done one above! But here are some others:
1. I lived for 5 years in London England where my 4th son was born.
2. My first job as a teenager was an usherette. Now you younger people probably don’t even know what that is! But when you went to the movies back in the 60′s, there would be a girl standing at the back with a flashlight who would help you find a seat if you wanted or needed it. Since I would have to stand there for the entire movie I ended up seeing some movies so many times I had them memorized.
3. Also when I was a teenager I played classical piano for ballet classes. It paid a whole lot better than babysitting!
4. I hiked to the top of Mount Vesuvius in Italy. There is a chairlift for tourists but it was broken the day we were there so we decided to hike it. I was 5 months pregnant at the time! Oh and while pregnant I also skied the Swiss Alps. The tram gave me such “morning” sickness that I would have to wait at the top until I wasn’t so dizzy before skiing down. What was I thinking!?!
5. I married my childhood sweetheart… Literally. We met when we were 3 years old! I’m 23 days older than him and he likes to tease me about his “old lady” and how I “robbed the cradle” for those 23 days until his birthday.
6. I am a certified scuba diver. On my 50th birthday my DH took me diving in Tahiti. One of the dives was with sharks! Another was a deep dive where we sat on the ocean floor and huge 12′ manta rays kept swimming over us within touching distance.
7. And my crowning glory? I have 4 handsome sons and 3 beautiful granddaughters (with another grandchild on the way!)
Thanks so much for stopping by today and spending part of your precious time here. And thanks again, Patrice, for thinking of me with this sweet award. Happy Crafting!
Stamps: SU Something Sweet and Made 2 Last
Papers: Papertrey Ink Select White and Pure Poppy; SU Pawsitively Prints II DSP
Inks: SU Real Red and Taken with Teal
Accessories: Spellbinders Circle Nestabilities; SU Tab Punch, Corner Rounder, 1-3/4″ Circle Punch, 1″ Circle Punch, 3/4″ Circle Punch and Round Treat Cup; M&M’s